Cameron Bouchea Thomas (born October 13, 2001) is a professional basketball player for the National Basketball Association’s Brooklyn Nets (NBA). He was a consensus five-star recruit and one of the classes of 2020’s best shooting guards.
Cam Thomas Facts
|Birth Place||Yokosuka, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan|
|Mother’s Name||Leslie Thomas|
|College||Louisiana State University|
|Net Worth (2021)||$1-5 million|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 2001|
|Height (ft)||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight (kg)||95 (210 lb)|
|NBA Draft Year||2022|
|NBA Draft Pick||Round 1/ Pick: 27th overall|
|Achievements||First-team All-SEC (2021) SEC All-Freshman Team (2021)|
View this post on Instagram
High School Career
- Thomas began his basketball career as a freshman at Oscar F. Smith High School in Chesapeake, Virginia. He did not play for the team during his sophomore season because he and his mother “weren’t on the same page” as the coaching staff.
- He transferred to Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia, for his junior season, joining Cole Anthony and Kofi Cockburn on one of the most highly regarded teams in the country. Thomas led his team to a 31–5 record with an average of 26.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 3.4 assists per game.
- In July 2019, he was named the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League’s Offensive Player of the Year after averaging a league-best 29.5 points per game for Boo Williams.
- Thomas averaged 31.5 points, six rebounds, and 3.4 assists per game as a senior at Oak Hill, finishing as the program’s all-time leading scorer. Thomas scored at least thirty points in nine games, including two 40-point efforts.
- He captained his team to the Tournament of Champions championship and was named the tournament’s most valuable player. Thomas was chosen to represent Jordan Brand at the Jordan Brand Classic.
View this post on Instagram
On November 26, 2020, Thomas made his college debut, scoring 27 points in a 94–81 victory over SIU Edwardsville. Thomas led all freshmen in scoring, averaging 23 points per game to go along with 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists. He was named to the SEC’s First Team. He declared for the NBA draught in 2021 on April 15, 2021, waiving his remaining college eligibility.
The Brooklyn Nets selected Thomas with the 27th overall pick in the 2021 NBA draught. Thomas was later added to the Brooklyn Nets’ roster for the 2021 NBA Summer League. Thomas signed with the Brooklyn Nets on August 5, 2021.
Thomas was named NBA Summer League MVP, while Davion Mitchell averaged 27 points per game and was named to the Summer League First Team. Thomas made his NBA debut on October 19, 2021, scoring two points off the bench in a 104–127 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks.
He scored 46 points in a 114-110 victory over the Raptors 905 on November 20 while on assignment with the Long Island Nets.
#NBA Play-In Tournament starts TONIGHT 👏 #MetaQuestPlayIn | #TeamTandem pic.twitter.com/fKsNIEzeAM
— TANDEM (@_tandemse) April 12, 2022
Cam Thomas’s Net Worth and Salary
There are no reliable estimates of Thomas’s true net worth. The 20-year-old, however, is expected to have a net worth of between $1 and $6 million in 2022.
Additionally, his net worth is expected to increase exponentially now that he is an NBA player.
Thomas will earn an annual salary of $2,036,280. The salary referenced is a component of his four-year NBA rookie contract.
Read More:- Kyrie Irving Dating: Who Is Kyrie Irving Currently Dating?
Read More:- Kyrie Irving Net Worth: What Is Kyrie Irving’s Net Worth 2022?
Read More:- Joe Harris Dating: Joe Harris Is Currently Dating Someone