He is a German professional basketball player for the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association. He was born on April 4, 1992. (NBA). A four-time All-Star and three-time champion in the Basketball Bundesliga, Theis signed with the Boston Celtics of the NBA where he played for four years before a trade brought him to the Chicago Bulls in March 2021.
In August 2021, the Bulls traded Theis to the Houston Rockets. The Rockets then traded Theis back to the Celtics in February 2022.
|Full Name||Daniel Theis|
|Birth Date||April 4, 1992|
|Birth Place||Salzgitter, Germany|
|Nick Name||Daniel Theis|
|Father’s Name||Not available|
|Mother’s Name||Not available|
|Siblings||Frank Theis (Older brother)|
|Age||30 years old|
|Height||6’9” (2.08 m)|
|Weight||111 Kilograms (236 lb)|
|Professional Career Teams||
|Draft In||2013 / Undrafted|
|Jersey no.||27 (Houston Rockets)|
|Active Years in Basketball||2010-Present|
|Net Worth||$1 million-$5 million|
|Position||Power forward /Center|
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
|Last Update||April 2022|
- This is how it worked: When This was a child, Theis went through the Braunschweig youth system. As a player, he made his debut in the Basketball Bundesliga, which is Germany’s most important league, during the season of 2010–11.
- They mostly played for the club’s development team, where he played with his older brother, Frank, from 2010 to 2012. All-2.Pro B Most Improved Player of the Year went to him in 2011.
- In the 2013–14 season, while playing for Ratiopharm Ulm, Theis was named the best young player in the BBL by the league. After he had a great season with Ulm, Theis signed with another German Bundesliga team, Brose Bamberg, to play there next season.
- In the 2014 off-season, he played in the NBA Summer League for the Washington Wizards summer league team in the 2014 NBA Summer League.
- His first German League title came with Brose Baskets in the 2014–15 year. Brose won the German League Finals 3–2.
- Bamberg signed him up again for two more years in April 2015, and he won two more German championships with the team in 2016 and 2017.
View this post on Instagram
- He joined the Boston Celtics on July 20, 2017, and he will play for them this season. Before the Milwaukee Bucks game on October 18, he played in his first game in the NBA.
- On March 12, 2018, Theis had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee. He was out for the rest of the 2017–18 season.
- On October 29, 2018, Theis was found to have a small tear in the plantar fascia in his right foot. He was supposed to be out for a long time, but he came back against the Portland Trail Blazers just a few days later.
- On July 17, 2019, the Boston Celtics said that they had re-signed Theis, along with Brad Wanamaker, who used to play for Brose Bamberg. The deal was said to be worth $10 million for the 2019–20 and 2020–21 seasons.
- On February 21, 2020, Theis scored 25 points and had 16 rebounds in a win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. This was a record for Theis.
- When Theis played, Brad Stevens said he played well with the rest of the starters. He played in a way that “fits the other guys perfectly.”
- There was a three-team trade that happened on March 25, 2021. This was traded to the Chicago Bulls in that deal. By April 12, he had worked his way into the starting lineup for the Memphis Grizzlies game against them.
- Against Miami Heat on April 26, Theis scored 23 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, and set up 5 assists. It was a 110–102 win.
- On August 7, 2021, Theis was traded to the Houston Rockets as part of a deal where he agreed to sign and then be traded.
- When the Boston Celtics bought back Theis from the Rockets in 2022, they got Bruno Fernando, Enes Freedom, and Dennis Schröder in exchange for Theis and the rest of the team.
View this post on Instagram
National Team Career
- During the junior national teams, Theis was a member of them. His junior national teams played at the 2011 and 2012 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championships, which were both held in his home country.
- A game against Finland on July 27, 2014, was Theis’ first game with the senior German national basketball team, and he played for the team.
- Played in the EuroBasket 2015 qualification tournament with Germany’s adult teams.
Daniel Theis Net Worth
There are a lot of reliable sources on the internet that say that Daniel Theis’s net worth is as follows. Below, you can see his net worth, salary, and more from the past.
Daniel made $3 million and had a net worth of $5 million. Most of Daniel’s money came from his Yeezy sneakers. While he had lied about the size of his business over the years, the money he made from his job was real. It was enough to make him one of the biggest celebrity cashouts of all time. His main source of income is being a good athlete.
His wealth is between $5 and $10 million. Besides his huge social media following, the actor
— Daniel Theis (@dtheis10) March 24, 2022
How Did the Celtics Acquire Daniel Theis?
Dennis Schröder goes to the Celtics in exchange for Daniel Theis from the Rockets, who send him to the Celtics. They moved their pieces. In a trade with the Rockets on Thursday, Boston got Daniel Theis from them, along with Dennis Schroder, Enes Freedom, and Bruno Fernando, in exchange for them.
After spending the first three and a half years of his career in Boston, Daniel Theis has come back to Boston. Before the 2021 trade deadline, he was traded to the Chicago Bulls.
During the offseason, Theis signed with Houston. He is now starting for the Rockets and is having a good season. To the work Robert Williams III and Al Horford have done for the team, he will be a back-up.
When the Boston Celtics traded away seven players on Thursday, they only got back two: Derrick White and Theis. They also rearranged the team’s depth chart in the process, with deals with the Magic, Rockets, and Spurs.
For the first time in his career, Freedom hasn’t played much this season (11.7 mpg) (3.7 ppg, 4.6 RPG). Bruno Fernando was a player in Boston who was not used enough (1.0 ppg, 0.8 RPG).
To get White and Theis, Brad Stevens gave up some useful veterans and draught picks, but he was able to get two long-term prospects in the process. With both players signed through the 2024-25 seasons, that duo has a lot of money tied to them.
Read More:- Marcus Smart Dating: Who Is Marcus Smart Dating?