Kevin Wayne Durant is an American professional basketball player who plays for the Brooklyn Nets of the National Basketball Association. He was born on September 29, 1988. (NBA). He played one season of college basketball for the Texas Longhorns.
The Seattle Supersonics took him in the second round of the NBA draught in 2007, and he was the team’s second pick. He played nine seasons with the team, which changed its name to the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2008.
In 2016, he signed with the Golden State Warriors, who won two NBA championships in 2017 and 2018. Following an Achilles injury in the 2019 NBA Finals, he signed with the Nets as a free agent in the fall of that year. He has been called the best player in the NBA and one of the best players of all time.
Wanda and Wayne Pratt had a son named Kevin Wayne Durant on September 29, 1988. As soon as he was born, the boy’s father left the family. The boy was raised by his mother and grandmother. Tony and Rayvonne are two of his three siblings. Brianna is his sister.
Because of his height, Kevin became a fan of sports. Barbara Davis told him that his height was a good thing because it would help him in his athletic career.
Even though he was teased about his height, Barbara Davis told him to keep going. Kevin’s father got in touch with him when he was about 13. They went on a trip across the country to play basketball together.
- Kevin Wayne Durant played “Amateur Athletic Union” basketball for a number of teams in the Maryland area when he was a young player. During this time, he met Michael Beasley, Greivis Vásquez, and Ty Lawson, all of whom would play in the NBA in the future.
- He went to the “National Christian Academy” and the “Oak Hill Academy.” Basketball was a big part of his life at both of his schools. Later, he moved to a school called ‘Montrose Christian School’ for his senior year. Six-foot-seven inches tall by this point.
- Later, he went to the University of Texas for more education. In the first year, he won the Oscar Robertson and Adolf F Rupp awards for his great work. In college, he played a lot of basketball, and his skills made him eligible for the “NBA draught” after just one year of playing.
- This is how he started his professional career: He was chosen by the ‘SuperSonics’ in the NBA draught in 2007. When he played his first game against the ‘Denver Nuggets,’ he scored 18 points, had five rebounds, and made three steals.
- The first game-winning shot he ever made was in a match against the “Atlanta Hawks,” which took place on November 16, 2013. His great play earned him the title “NBA Rookie of the Year.”
- He moved his team from Seattle to Oklahoma in the next season. They became the ‘Oklahoma City Thunders.’ He had increased his point total by five points by the end of the year, which was more than he had done the year before. He was also up for the “Most Improved Player Award,” but he came in third.
- He was chosen to play in the 2010 FIBA World Championship. He played very well at the tournament, which helped the USA win the “World Championship” trophy.
- Then, after a few years, Durant was chosen to play in the 2012 Olympics. He not only set a record for points covered in an Olympic basketball tournament, but he also helped his team win a gold medal.
- This time, he played for the national team at the 2016 Olympics. He helped the team win a gold medal for the second time.
- As a co-USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year in 2016, he and Carmelo Anthony were both named the best athlete in the country.
- In July 2016, he signed a two-year deal worth $54 million with the “Golden State Warriors” for $54 million. As it turns out, the public and “NBA” experts didn’t like his move.
- When Durant played for the Warriors for the first time in October 2016, he lost to the ‘San Antonio Spurs’. When the Minnesota Timberwolves came to play him, he came back with a vengeance. He blocked six shots, which was a record for him.
- He also set a record by having five blocks, five assists, ten rebounds, and 25 points in a game all at the same time.
- Durant came back from an injury and played in the Warriors’ third straight NBA final against the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Warriors won. As the top scorer for his team, he scored 35.2 points, grabbed 8.4 rebounds, and dished out 5.4 assists each game.
- He also made 55.5% of his free throws and 47.4% of his three-point shots in the championship game. He was named ‘NBA Finals MVP’ because of how well he played. During the next season, the ‘Warriors’ reached the NBA finals against the ‘Cavaliers’ in the Western Conference finals.
- Durant scored 43 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists to help the Warriors win their second straight game. For the second time that season, he was named Finals MVP. Warrior lost many games against Los Angeles Clippers in 2018-19, but they still won a lot of games against them.
- Durant hurt his lower right calf when he played against “Toronto” in Game 5 of the 2019 NBA finals. They lost Game 6 and their chance at a three-peat. He signed a contract with the “Brooklyn Nets” on July 7, 2019, in a deal where both sides agreed to sign and trade for each other.
Awards & Achievements
- He was named ‘Naismith College Player of the Year,’ ‘Big 12 Player of the Year,’ ‘USBWA National Freshman of the Year,’ and ‘NABC Division I Player of the Year’ during his college years.
- In 2010, he won the gold medal at the FIBA World Championship and was named the Most Valuable Player at the FIBA World Championship.
- During the 2012 and 2016 Olympics, he won gold medals for the United States.
- During the “NBA,” Durant won the “Rookie Challenge MVP” in 2009, the “NBA All-Star Game MVP” in 2012, and the “NBA Most Valuable Player” in 2014, among other things. For the last 10 years, from 2010 to 2019, he has been an “NBA All-Star.” He has also been an NBA champion two years in a row (2017 and 2018).
- Over the course of his career, Kevin Durant has dated a lot of different women, such as Jasmine Shine, Ashley Champ, and Monica Wright. As of late, he has been linked to Cassandra Anderson.
- He is also well-known for his charitable work, too. People who lost their homes and lives in the Moore tornado in 2013 will get $1 million from him.
- Durant is a part of a non-profit after-school music program called “P’Tones Records.” He is the spokesperson for the group.
Kevin Durant’s Net Worth
He is one of the richest basketball players in the world, along with Stephen Curry and LeBron James, as of 2022. His net worth is about $170 million.
Kevin Wayne Durant is an American professional basketball player who lives in Washington, DC, and is from Washington DC. Dreymon Green and Jeremy Lin are two of the NBA stars who play for the Golden State Warriors, which Durant plays for now.
As an NBA player, Durant has won awards like the NBA Championship, Most Vulnerable Player, and Finals MVP.
|Net Worth:||$170 Million|
|Born:||September 29, 1988|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional NBA Player|
Read More:- Magic Johnson Dating: How Long Has Magic Johnson Been Married?
Read More:- Magic Johnson Net Worth: How much is Magic Johnson worth in 2022?
Read More:- Stephen Curry Dating: Stephen and Ayesha’s Relationship Timeline