In the NBA, Taj Jami Gibson is a professional basketball player for the New York Knicks. He was born on June 24, 1985, and he is from the United States (NBA). When Gibson was a college basketball player, he played for the USC Trojans.
The Chicago Bulls picked him 26th in the 2009 NBA draught. Before the Bulls traded him to the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2017, the 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) power forward played mostly as a sixth man off the bench. He then signed with the Minnesota Timberwolves in the same year. In 2019, he joined the Knicks.
|Full Name||Taj Jami Gibson|
|Birth Date||June 24, 1985|
|Birth Place||Brooklyn, New York|
|Age||36 years old|
|Known As||Taj Gibson|
|Education||University of Southern California|
|Father’s Name||Wilbert Gibson|
|Mother’s Name||Sharon Gibson|
|Height||6’9″ (2.06 m)|
|Weight||232 lb (105 kg)|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Currently Playing For||New York Knicks|
|Net Worth||$32 Million|
|NBA Draft||2009 Round: 1 / Pick: 26th overall|
|Awards and achievements||
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter|
|Last Update||April 2022|
View this post on Instagram
The date of Gibson’s birth is June 24, 1985. He was born in Brooklyn, New York. He went to P.S. 67 Charles A. Dorsey School in Brooklyn’s Fort Greene neighborhood, where he learned a lot about history. When Gibson was in high school, he went to Brooklyn’s High School of Telecommunication Arts and Technology.
As a sophomore and junior, he went to Stoneridge Prep in Tarzana, California, where he learned a lot about the world around him. In 2006, when he was 17, he went to Calvary Christian in San Fernando, California.
A member of the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity, Gibson played at the University of Southern California and was a member of the band. He was one of the oldest freshmen in the country when he was 21 years old in 2007.
He was named to the Pac-10 All-Freshman team that year. In 2008, he helped UCLA beat him. Gibson helped the Trojans win the Pacific-10 Tournament Championship at the Staples Center in 2009. He was named to the All-Pac 10 Tournament Team for that year, too.
View this post on Instagram
- Gibson said he was going to play in the NBA draught in 2009. The Chicago Bulls chose him 26th overall. As a draught pick, he signed with the Bulls in July 2009.
- Gibson scored 7.6 points and grabbed 7.0 rebounds per game for the Bulls during the first round of the playoffs. After his first season, he was chosen for the NBA All-Rookie First Team at the end of the year.
- Power forward Carlos Boozer signed with the Bulls during the 2010 off-season. He was expected to start the season instead of Gibson, who was expected to be benched. However, Boozer broke his hand before the start of the season, so Gibson played the first 15 games of the season.
- On May 10, 2011, Gibson led his team to a 3–2 lead over Atlanta in the Eastern Conference semifinals. He scored all 11 of his points in the fourth quarter.
- Jeremy Lin and DeMarcus Cousins and Kyrie Irving were also on the US Select Team in May 2012. They were practicing with the US Olympic Team to get ready for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
- On October 31, 2012, Gibson signed a long-term contract extension with the Bulls. He was a rookie when he did this.
- On June 16, 2015, Gibson had arthroscopic surgery on his left ankle. He was out for four months, but he’ll be back in two months. When he played in 73 games in the 2015–16 season, he had a point average of 8.6 and a rebound average of 6.9 points.
- Doug McDermott and an unprotected 2018 second-round draught pick were traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Joffrey Lauvergne, Anthony Morrow, and Cameron Payne on February 23, 2017, as part of a deal with the Thunder.
- On July 10, 2017, Gibson signed with the Minnesota Timberwolves, bringing him back to Tom Thibodeau, the coach he used to work for. For his Brooklyn elementary school, P.S. 47. He became the second NBA player ever to wear the No. 67 jersey because it was the number of his school.
- On November 22, 2017, he scored the most points of the season with 24 in a 124–118 win over the Orlando Magic. Against the Los Angeles Lakers on February 15, 2018, Gibson had the most points of the season with 28 points.
- In 2019, Gibson signed with the New York Knicks on July 9, 2019, so he will play for them. On November 19, 2020, the Knicks will no longer be able to play Gibson. January 7, 2021, Gibson agreed to stay with the Knicks after they had been together for three years.
A day with the fellas. @RjBarrett6 🤝 @TajGibson pic.twitter.com/jOXu9339h4
— NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) November 24, 2021
Awards & Achievements
- All-Pac-10 Third-team (2008)
- All-Pac-10 Second-team (2009)
- Defensive Player of the Year Pac-10 (2009)
- First Team NBA All-Rookie (2010)
Taj Gibson’s Net Worth and Salary
Gibson’s net worth is thought to be $32 million, and his salary is thought to be around $16 million. Through the money, he made from his basketball career. It costs the Knicks star Gibson $4,910,000 this season and $5,155,500 next year.
Because he has worked hard for his money, he lives a lavish life and gives back to the community through the foundation and other charitable works.
Read More:- Evan Fournier Dating: Who Is Evan Fournier Married to?
Read More:- Evan Fournier Net Worth: What Is Evan Fournier Average Salary and Net Worth?
Read More:- Alec Burks Dating: Who is Alec Burks Dating at the Moment?