The Husband of a Missing Massachusetts Woman Has Been Charged With Lying to Police


Officers in Massachusetts arrested a man because they thought he was giving them false information about where his wife had gone. Ana Walshe, who is 39 years old, was last seen around midnight on New Year’s Day at her home in Cohasset, Massachusetts.

Cohasset is a small town with less than 8,400 people. It is on the east coast of Massachusetts, south of Boston. Brian Walshe, who is married to Ana Walshe, was arrested on Sunday, according to a statement from the Cohasset Police Department and the Massachusetts State Police.

During a police investigation, he has been charged with lying.

The charges were not made public, but the department said that while looking into Ana Walshe’s disappearance, “police developed probable cause to believe that her husband had committed the crime of misleading police investigators.”

On Monday morning, the 46-year-old man will be brought before a judge in a Quincy district courtroom.

The arrest happened a day after the Cohasset Police Department said that a two-day ground search for Ana Walshe and evidence of her disappearance near the house she shares with her husband and three young sons was over.

Twenty troops, a search-and-rescue-trained unit, three K9 teams, and a state police air wing were sent to look through wooded areas and bodies of water near their Cohasset home, police said.

It said, “The ground search won’t start again unless police find new evidence that says it should.” Detective Mike Lopes of the Cohasset Police Department also flew to Washington, D.C., on Saturday to follow up on leads and talk to people who knew Ana Walshe.

The Husband of a Missing Massachusetts Woman Has Been Charged With Lying to Police

Walshe works as a real estate executive for a property management company and travels to the nation’s capital every week for work, according to police chief William Quigley.

Quigley told reporters at a press conference on Friday that there is “nothing to support anything criminal or suspicious” about her disappearance.

Ana Walshe was last seen between 4 and 5 a.m. on January 1. Her boss in Washington, D.C. and her husband both told police on Wednesday that she was missing.

Quigley said that she was supposed to take a rideshare from her house to Logan airport so she could catch a flight to Washington, D.C., but they haven’t found out yet if she got on the rideshare, but he did say that she didn’t get on the plane.

The police chief didn’t say who Ana Walshe’s last person—besides a family member—was, but he did say that her husband was sleeping when she left.

More to Read:

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.